Alcohol Ink Coasters

A few months ago I found this alcohol ink tile project on Pinterest.  One of my friends had a box of tiles she didn’t need anymore so I was able to totally do this project just for the cost of the alcohol inks.

At first, I tried to just drip the ink on to the tile like the poster of the original project did.  I didn’t like how it was turning out so instead after adding multi-drips of different colors, I used the felt blender to move the ink around.

Periodically, I would spray the whole tile with a mist of rubbing alcohol. This gave me white dots and added more depth to each of the tiles. After they dried I gave each of them about four coats of spray varnish and added felt pads to the back.

Leave a Reply